Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fundscript

So, I really didn't buy too much into this whole Fundscript thing. I thought, ok so I'm only going to make like what $5 from it, too much work for too little earnings! Ok wait let me back up a little bit and explain Fundscript.

Fundscript is a company based out of Quebec. It allows groups to fundraise money through buying gift cards. This seems like an easy enough thing to do, sell gift cards. We then get a percentage of the amount that we sell. So the person who bought the card gets the face value that they want on it and we get the money from the company. So for example, if you wanted $5 in Starbucks (one of the actual people who are in this) then I would place through the order and my account would then be debited. After it is debited and the order is sent through on the Thursday morning/Wednesday night the cards come on the following Tuesday. I would then ask you for the money, give you the giftcard and Fundscript gives me a little extra. So when you look at it this way, it's giving without really giving.

So this was my first time putting through an order. I had made $7.75 for myself off of a $280 order. That's not bad! It's money that I know I would be spending anyways (almost all of the giftcards were for me) and I get a return. Damn this isn't too bad. If I can put in bigger orders through your generous support (remember you don't actually have to part with money you wouldn't be parting with anyways!) and make even more money to help with the $2000 that I have to raise anyways!

We are still in the middle of planning out two other events! I will post more about them as the time comes up that they are going to happen. Thank-you again for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment