Saturday, November 14, 2009

Beyond-my-Borders

So!
The is the first post of the blog. Hello to everyone reading this, I'm no amazing writer or blogger but I will attempt to articulate this journey well enough for you to visualize it. What is this journey you ask? Great question! Well this year I have been accepted to Beyond Borders. Beyond Borders is an international service learning program. There are 12 of us in the program this year, and we are all excited and waiting to see where we are going to be placed. We were accepted this past summer and we are now preparing for the journey. There is so much to learn! I know what you are thinking, "besides what's in a guide book, what is there really to know?" Well the answer is "lots!". There is so much that I have been learning that I did not even fully comprehend before I started this. There are two classes that we take during the school year and then we go off on our placements.

With this amazing opportunity comes a catch! It is not for free (then again, who would expect that it would be?). We had to put down $1400 of our own money and now we have to raise the remaining $2 000. I so far have raised $215! I need to get a kick start on this or else I'm also going to be paying the remaining $2 000 and as a student, that is a lot of money to take on myself. So throughout the course of this blog, you may hear me getting worried that I am not going to make my deadlines or worrying about them. If anyone would like to make a donation you can by credit card! Call 1-519-884-8111 ext 28254 and ask for Rhonda. Make sure to mention that it is for Jacquelyn who is in Beyond Borders. All donations above $10 will get a tax receipt.

I look forward to sharing my journey with you, this should be a good story to follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment